FI MOU(H): Module 2, unlimited
Upon completion of the training course, the instructor is competent to teach the theoretical knowledge and the techniques required in mountain flight. He is aware of the privileges of the rating and of the responsibilities and duties as a Mountain Flight Instructor.
- At least 1500 hours total on helicopters
- At least 1500 helicopter landings above 1100 m, including at least 300 landings above 2700 m.
- At least 200 flight hours as a helicopter instructor
- Pre-course assessment with HSA-dedicated FI MOU(H) consisting of a recurrent mountain (H) proficiency check
Theoretical knowledge instruction (1 Day):
- Refresher of the theoretical instruction module 1
- Discussion of approach possibilities with different wind situations at DETEC sites.
Thorough practice of all the practical areas covered by the training for the mountain landing certificate with special emphasis on instruction. The training consists of at least 60 approaches at minimum 25 different DETEC sites of which at least 20 must be above 2700m. Practical training focuses on the elements necessary to prepare for the flight and practice procedures for approach, landing, departure and emergency in accordance with the theory.
Flight instructors interested by this course should contact the HSA Head of Training (email@example.com) with a copy of their licence and evidence of the pre-entry requirements.
Links of Courses and Dates HSA
Please note our current training offer.
All information can be found with the following links:
Each flight instructor should register for the compulsory courses independently and without further requests.
COVID-19 - Stay Safe
Off-Airport Landing Ordinance
The new Off-Airport Landing Ordinance is in force now.
All helicopter pilots who wnat to land Off-Airport shall familiarize themselves with the regualtions.